Sterling Engineering, Inc. https://cdn.haleymarketing.com/templates/63335/logos/square_logo.png https://www.sterling-engineering.com https://www.sterling-engineering.com USD 125000 133000 YEAR true
Schaumburg, IL 60173 US
2023-05-15 2023-06-30 Employment Type: Permanent Job Category: Manufacturing / Process Engineering Job Number: Rd698310419 Compensation: $125000-133000 / year
Title: Plant Engineer
Location: Schaumburg, IL
Sterling has helped build careers for thousands for professionals like yourself. Our expert recruiters support you at every step in the process and as a Best of Staffing company, Sterling provides exciting work with exceptional employers across the U.S.
Hire Type: Direct Hire
As a Plant Engineer, you will play a crucial role in managing and enhancing engineering activities within our factory. Your responsibilities will include ensuring the health and safety of our employees, protecting the environment, and maintaining product safety. You will also be responsible for improving plant performance, enhancing product quality, and contributing to the achievement of our business objectives. Joining our factory management team, you will lead the development and implementation of our strategic vision for manufacturing reliability.
- Manage a team of three engineers and oversee their daily activities.
- Develop and implement maintenance strategies to optimize plant performance.
- Ensure compliance with all relevant safety regulations and guidelines.
- Develop and manage budgets for plant maintenance and operation.
- Identify areas for improvement in plant operations and make recommendations to management.
- Collaborate with other departments to ensure seamless operation of the plant.
- Monitor plant operations and make adjustments to optimize efficiency and minimize downtime.
- Develop and maintain relationships with vendors and suppliers.
- Participate in hiring, training, and performance evaluations of engineering staff.
- Ensure that all engineering activities are performed in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or a related field.
- 5+ years of experience in plant engineering or a related field.
- Strong leadership and management skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of maintenance and repair techniques for plant equipment.
- Familiarity with relevant safety regulations and guidelines.
- Ability to work collaboratively with other departments and vendors.
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information.