Downers Grove, IL 60515 US
Title: Piping Designer
Location: Downers Grove, IL
Sterling has helped build careers for thousands of professionals like yourself. Our expert recruiters support you at every step in the process and as a Best of Staffing company, Sterling provides exciting work with exceptional employers across the U.S.
Hire Type: Indefinite Contract
As a contract employee of Sterling Engineering, you are eligible to receive a Full Employee Benefits Package that includes paid time off, paid holidays, 3 medical plans to choose from, dental & vision plans, 401(k), and an Employee Stock Ownership (ESOP) plan.
- Perform field walkdowns if needed for layout, reviews, and verifications for design work, which could involve climbing ladders and stairways.
- Create field sketches for upfront engineering activities and convert those to AutoCAD files when released to do so by the Engineer, and modify and update existing refinery drawings as required to fulfill project needs such as:
- Piping plans and details
- Plot plans and civil/structural details
- A minimum of 10 years’ experience in design and drafting in a refinery, or equivalent, setting.
- Proficient in the use of AutoCAD 2017 2D/3D and beyond.
- Experience with software that interacts with AutoCAD, such as the ProCAD suite that includes isometric piping drawing software.
- Proficient in the use of the Microsoft Office Suite.