Title: Pharmaceutical Laboratory Technician
Location: Chicago, IL
Target Pay Rate: $25.00/hour
Hire Type: Contract-to-Hire
Sterling has helped build careers for thousands of professionals like yourself. Our expert recruiters support you at every step in the process and as a Best of Staffing company, Sterling provides exciting work with exceptional employers across the U.S. As a contract employee of Sterling, you are eligible to receive a Full Employee Benefits Package that includes paid time off, paid holidays, 3 medical plans to choose from, dental & vision plans, 401(k), and an Employee Stock Ownership (ESOP) plan.
The Laboratory Technician is responsible for the manufacturing of Drug Substance, Drug Product, visual inspection, and Secondary Packaging for clinical and commercial products for human use. This person will employ aseptic techniques while working in controlled and classified environments, and must comply with standard operating procedures, FDA current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP), and any other government requirements.
- Weighing and dispensing of materials.
- Operation of glasswasher and autoclave.
- Media and buffer preparation.
- Drug Substance manufacturing.
- Operation of filtration systems.
- Visual inspection and aseptic filling of glass vials and pre-fillable syringes.
- Train and follow aseptic practices in ISO 6 area.
- Participate in media fill operations.
- Responsible for secondary packaging, material issuance and visual inspection.
- Responsible for in-process testing, such as: pH, Conductivity etc.
- Verify all raw materials and commodities.
- Complete Batch Records and other cGMP documentation accurately.
- Bachelor's Degree Biology, Chemistry, or Biotechnology (or a related field) with relevant work experience in a GMP environment is preferred. Will also consider an Associate's Degree with relevant experience in aseptic product manufacturing.
- 1 to 3 years of work experience in the pharmaceutical / biopharmaceutical field is preferred.
- Aseptic techniques and clean room manufacturing experience is necessary.
- Ability and willingness to work a rotating shift (onsite) as needed.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information. #post