Sterling Engineering, Inc. https://cdn.haleymarketing.com/templates/63335/logos/square_logo.png https://www.sterling-engineering.com https://www.sterling-engineering.com USD 32.50 HOUR true
Batavia, IL 60510 US
2023-02-02 2023-04-22 Employment Type: Contract Job Category: Accounting Job Number: Na467121 Compensation: 32.50
Sterling Engineering has partnered with a large research lab in the Northwest Chicagoland Suburbs. They have created the need for a Payroll Lead to join their team. This is a great opportunity to step into a large company and work in a cross-functional payroll/accounting role. This will be a 1 year+ contract with benefits and opportunity for some hybrid work.
- Prepare sophisticated financial statements/reports for management, the Department of Energy, taxing bodies, and others within or outside of the Laboratory.
- Analyze complex problems or discrepancies and implement corrective action or provide supervisor with analysis and recommended action.
- Build or uses systems query tool to meet the information needs in the area of assignment.
- Interact with and provides information to employees, users and outside individuals or organizations, including explaining unusual or complex transactions or procedures.
- Create and transmit sensitive, confidential data to third parties.
- Maintain, revise, and review policies, procedures and systems.
- Develop test cases and/or perform testing related to the implementation or upgrade of financial software applications, as assigned.
- Interact with computing personnel in identifying, reporting, testing, and resolving system problems and/or implementing system enhancements.
What We Need:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent and 5 years of proven experience managing a payroll department and inhouse payroll processing at a medium to large organization.
- Knowledge of PeopleSoft payroll, Kronos (timecard), Ceridian (tax filing) and Workday.
- Knowledgeable about Wage garnishment and Child support reporting.
- Union payroll experience.