Chicago, IL 60616 US
Title: Packaging Technician
Location: Chicago, IL
Sterling has helped build careers for thousands of professionals like yourself. Our expert recruiters support you at every step in the process and as a Best of Staffing company, Sterling provides exciting work with exceptional employers across the U.S.
As a contract employee of Sterling Engineering, you are eligible to receive a Full Employee Benefits Package that includes paid time off, paid holidays, 3 medical plans to choose from, dental & vision plans, 401(k), and an Employee Stock Ownership (ESOP) plan.
Examine pharmaceutical packaging machinery at the beginning of each shift to ensure good working order
• Perform preventative and general maintenance on machines and components on a regular basis
• Start packaging machinery and test run it to ensure its working order
• Take pharmaceutical packaging orders from supervisor and ensure that they are followed accurately during the entirety of the packaging procedure
• Regulate components and dials to control the speed and type of packaging
• Observe machinery to ensure conformance to quality and set standards
• Maintain and upgrade knowledge of pharmaceutical packaging processes to ensure quality work
• Make-certain that input and output standards of the packaging machinery are met to avoid GIGO
• Observe packaging equipment to make sure that each drug is being packed in the correct packing along with associated literature
• Load correct labels and literatures in packaging components to ensure accuracy of packaging
• Report any problems or deviations in packaging procedures on an immediate basis to ensure that incorrect packaging does not take place
• Prepare associated packaging documentation according to provided SOPs
• Check packaged drugs to make sure that they are boxed, labeled and categorized properly
• Assist in reconciling in-process and finished drug packaging and batch recording procedures
- Experience working on a packaging food or pharma environment.
- 1-3 years of experience
- Knowledge of Good Manufacturing Practices
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information