Skokie, AL 60077 US
- The Packaging Engineer plays a pivotal role in leading various packaging projects, encompassing the commercialization of new products, cost-saving initiatives, and enhancing packaging for existing products.
- Achieve or surpass project Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) including project cost, completion date, and Return on Investment (ROI).
- Develop new packaging die lines, specifications, machine settings, packing procedures, and standards to effectively commercialize new company products.
- Coordinate and execute experiments and packaging trials, presenting results in technical reports through both written and oral communication.
- Assist in developing bills of materials for new products.
- Design test plans and collaborate with suppliers and external resources to troubleshoot issues, identify root causes, and ensure corrective actions for project challenges.
- Evaluate and recommend more efficient packing procedures, innovations in packaging materials, and automation utilization where financially justifiable.
- Collaborate with Plant Operations and Suppliers to troubleshoot packaging issues, maintain packaging quality, and optimize packing line efficiencies.
- Develop and enhance procedures and instructions to minimize packing line setup and changeover time/cost.
- Minimize packaging material scrap, product scrap, and product giveaway.
- Identify opportunities for new packing equipment purchases with attractive ROI, generating Capital Expenditure Requests detailing all costs, expected savings, and anticipated ROI.
- Manage packing equipment purchases, installations, testing, training, and production startups.
- Conduct time studies to develop new or improve existing packing line labor standards.
- Report food safety and quality problems to personnel with the authority to initiate action.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in packaging, chemical, or food processing.
- 2-5 years of engineering experience.
- Effective communication skills to convey ideas, concepts, and procedures to all organizational levels.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, ensuring timely and budget-compliant completion with minimal guidance.
- Excellent communication skills (both written and oral) to interact across company functions including R&D, Sales, Purchasing, and Operations.
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) and AutoCAD. Experience in Salesforce and/or Project Management tools is a plus.