Sterling Engineering, Inc. https://cdn.haleymarketing.com/templates/63335/logos/square_logo.png https://www.sterling-engineering.com https://www.sterling-engineering.com USD 67.00 HOUR true
Location: Irvine, California
Irvine, CA 92612 US
2023-03-13 2023-04-22 Employment Type: Contract Job Category: Mechanical Engineering Job Number: Jr88702137 Compensation: 67.00
Title: Packaging Engineer
Location: Irvine, California
Sterling has helped build careers for thousands of professionals like yourself. Our expert recruiters support you at every step in the process and as a Best of Staffing company, Sterling provides exciting work with exceptional employers across the U.S.
Hire Type: Long-term Contract
As a contract employee of Sterling, you are eligible to receive a Full Employee Benefits Package that includes paid time off, paid holidays, 3 medical plans to choose from, dental & vision plans, 401(k), and an Employee Stock Ownership (ESOP) plan.
The Packaging Engineer will work in a pharmaceutical / cosmetics manufacturing environment to develop various packaging concepts for new and existing products. This person will create and develop effective designs to be functional and cost effective. This involves generating ideas and concepts, testing different designs, working with internal engineering and manufacturing teams during the design and manufacturing process. The individual will work as a Subject Matter Expert involved in the development and design of materials and documentation processes. Will work with product development teams to provide development, testing, validation, and implementation for product packaging. This position performs a variety of packaging related assignments utilizing a wide range of packaging materials, including but not limited, to primary packaging, secondary packaging and shrink films.
- Create new and revise existing packaging documentation - including bill of materials for packaging, contract packaging specifications, component specifications, and assembly instructions for products, as well as in-house third-party manufactured products and third-party contracted packaging.
- Develops protocols for execution of studies to evaluate performance of packaging components, container/closure integrity, and shipping studies.
- Lead packaging validation activities by ensuring regulatory compliance with 21CFR, part 201, 210, 211.
- Lead impact assessment for owned brands for incoming material testing procedures to determine if additional testing is required or implement new improved test methods for releasing packaging components.
- Investigates new technologies to improve line performance, reduce component costs, decrease cycle times, and improve overall presentation and product integrity.
- Position requires interface with cross-functional internal groups and external suppliers to move projects forward to meet packaging engineering deliverables. The candidate must be able to develop and work within project timelines.
- Testing and inspection of incoming packaging shipments
- A good general knowledge of different packaging materials such as poly, corrugated, folding cartons, wraps, etc. is helpful when recommending packaging structures and maintaining the specifications database.
- Experience dealing with plant trials is a must. Will coordinate between potential suppliers, purchasing, marketing and production is essential to getting trials completed in a timely fashion.
- Any experience with FDA labeling is helpful.
- Any design experience or graphic layout experience will help with verifying that the print is properly aligned, etc. for the finished package.
- Some knowledge or experience with different packaging equipment (form-fill-seal, wrappers, etc.) will greatly assist dealing with packaging issues in the plant.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Packaging Engineering, or closely related discipline, or equivalent technical experience.
- Two to eight years of experience designing packaging.
- Excellent knowledge of core packaging engineering, packaging tests, and test equipment.
- General understanding of manufacturing machinery.
- Familiar with manufacturing methods, set up operations, lot sizing, standard times, actual comparisons, and time studies.
- Possesses interpersonal skills to negotiate and reconcile differences.
- Strong work ethic, prioritization, and time management skills.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information.