Chicago, IL 60064 US
- Create new and revise existing packaging documentation - including bill of materials for packaging, contract packaging specifications, component specifications, and assembly instructions for products, as well as in-house third-party manufactured products and third-party contracted packaging.
- Develops protocols for execution of studies to evaluate performance of packaging components, container/closure integrity, and shipping studies.
- Lead packaging validation activities by ensuring regulatory compliance with 21CFR, part 201, 210, 211.
- Lead impact assessment for owned brands for incoming material testing procedures to determine if additional testing is required or implement new improved test methods for releasing packaging components.
- Investigates new technologies to improve line performance, reduce component costs, decrease cycle times, and improve overall presentation and product integrity.
- Testing and inspection of incoming packaging shipments
- A good general knowledge of different packaging materials such as poly, corrugated, folding cartons, wraps, etc. is helpful when recommending packaging structures and maintaining the specifications database.
- Experience dealing with plant trials is a must. Will coordinate between potential suppliers, purchasing, marketing and production is essential to getting trials completed in a timely fashion.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Packaging Science, Engineering, or a closely related discipline.
- 5+ years of professional experience designing packaging (preferably for pharmaceuticals, cosmetics, or CPG Food Products)
- Excellent knowledge of core packaging engineering, packaging tests, and test equipment.
- Familiar with manufacturing methods, set up operations, lot sizing, standard times, actual comparisons, and time studies.
- Able to generate 2D drawings.