Hazle Township, PA 18202 US
- As a PLC Technician, the primary responsibility is to maintain all plant and production electrical and control systems, covering electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic, mechanical, and network sub-systems. This role involves training and coordinating Maintenance Technicians on all shifts, providing essential assistance in troubleshooting, and documenting root-cause failure analyses. The PLC Technician will operate under the guidance of the Maintenance Supervisor, Maintenance Planner, and/or Maintenance Manager, ensuring strict adherence to maintenance and production schedules.
- Conduct repairs, modifications, and installations of automated production equipment
- Demonstrate excellent mechanical aptitude and prioritize safety in all tasks
- Exhibit strong troubleshooting skills and proficiency in VFDs, PLCs, and programming (RS Logix and Factory Talk View)
- Possess knowledge of servo drives, motor controls, pneumatics, hydraulics, and power distribution
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment, working well under pressure
- Effectively communicate verbally and in writing
- Manage multiple tasks, demonstrating accuracy, thoroughness, and a commitment to quality and safety
- High School diploma or GED
- Minimum of 5 years' experience maintaining manufacturing systems and equipment in an automated plant
- Background in full machine and electrical control system design, installation, and commissioning
- Preferred experience in a food plant
- Strong mechanical background in troubleshooting and repairing gearboxes, conveyors, sprocket/chains, belts, clutches, and brakes
- Ability to troubleshoot and repair electrical systems up to 480v 3 phase, read and interpret electrical drawings and P&IDs
- Knowledgeable in the use of power tools, hand tools, welders, lathes, drill presses, etc.
- Flexibility to work any shift, including weekends and holidays
- Associates degree or certificate in electrical, mechanical, or industrial automation engineering or related field(s)
- Highly desirable certifications: Rockwell PLC and Drives, RS Logix, Factory Talk View programming
- Knowledge of ammonia refrigeration systems is highly desirable.