Microbiologist (Evening Shift)
San Jose, CA 95134 US
Location: San Jose, CA
- Performs microbiological testing for to support ongoing study protocol, testing of instrumentation, antibiotic panels, and other consumables or
- Analyzes generated data in a timely manner.
- Writes lab instructions, reports and other documents as needed.
- Prepares weekly reports to summarize activities and accomplishments clearly and concisely.
- Performs other microbiology testing procedures including but not limited to preparing bacterial stocks, cultures, and bacterial identification.
- Handle and dispose of biohazard material in compliance with OSHA and with Biosafety procedures and maintain clean lab environment.
- Ensure compliance with all company policies and procedures and appropriate regulations, including FDA, ISO 13485, and Quality and Product Development procedures.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Biology, Microbiology, or a related field.
- Minimum of 1 year of laboratory bench experience, preferably in a BSL-2 environment.
- Experience with the standard tools and methods of microbiology and aseptic techniques such as pipetting, plating, media preparation, bacterial culture, and isolation etc.
- Experience with bacterial susceptibility testing methods is greatly preferred.
- Knowledge of aseptic techniques, good documentation practices (GDP), and good laboratory practices (cGLP).
- Proficiency in using Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Ability to lift (up to 75 lbs) laboratory equipment and supplies and moving containers of various materials.
- Work involves performing computer applications and standing for extended periods of time.
Meet Your Recruiter
Mike Schmitz is an esteemed Recruiting Team Leader specializing in the Life Sciences Division. With an impressive tenure of over 12 years at Sterling and a remarkable 16-year career in the recruiting arena, Mike has cemented his reputation as a trailblazer in talent acquisition.
As a Recruiting Team Leader, Mike's understanding of the intricacies within the Life Sciences Division is unparalleled. His expertise positions him as a strategic partner in bridging the gap between talented professionals and opportunities that align with their aspirations.
With a career spanning 16 years, Mike's journey in the recruitment landscape has been defined by his dedication to facilitating more fulfilling careers for skilled professionals. His ability to understand everyone’s unique strengths and match them with roles that foster growth and satisfaction marks him as a true advocate for professional development.
Mike's advice to candidates reflects his commitment to helping them excel: approach every job interview with positivity and authenticity. He firmly believes that a positive attitude and an engaging personality are pivotal in creating lasting impressions. Mike emphasizes that while technical qualifications are crucial, the ability to connect with interviewers and present oneself effectively is equally valuable to prospective employers.