Sterling Engineering, Inc. https://cdn.haleymarketing.com/templates/63335/logos/square_logo.png https://www.sterling-engineering.com https://www.sterling-engineering.com USD 100000 YEAR true
Mechanical Project Engineer
Westchester, IL 60154 US
2023-03-03 2023-04-20 Employment Type: Permanent Job Category: Mechanical Design Job Number: Ss282737818 Compensation: 100000
MECHANICAL PROJECT ENGINEER
As a Mechanical Project Engineer, you will work with some of the most talented engineers in the automation industry. This role will enable you to facilitate projects while utilizing your machine design skills to integrate some of the most state-of-the-art robotics & technology available. The innovative solutions we work on offer diverse experiences that will strengthen your skills and challenge your abilities.
What You'll Do:
• Develop conceptual designs and create system level architecture.
• Establish project plans including coordination of technical resources.
• Make recommendations for design direction.
• Complete layout of machine through detail of all components
• Assist with the successful management of assigned projects as they relate to cost, quality, timing and customer satisfaction.
• Manage several on-going projects concurrently.
• Assist in developing the Mechanical Engineering department thru leadership, experience, encouragement, and mentorship.
What You'll Bring:
• Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering or related field OR Associates degree with 2 years of related experience
• Professional Engineer OR other technical Certifications preferred
• 10+ years of related experience
Skills You'll Have:
• Experienced with CAD software (SolidWorks required; AutoCAD a plus)
• Knowledgeable of automation products, services, and the industry.
• Capable of creating machine designs with complex assemblies and subassemblies.
• Knowledge to lead others.
• Travel up to 20% to customer sites.
• Initiate and maintain extensive contacts with key engineers or other organizations.
• Lead teams and influence project direction and progress.
• Serve as a technical expert in the department and may mentor/train develop engineers.