Mechanical Project Engineer Detroit
Detroit, MI 48211 US
Travel to customer sites to assist Assembly Technicians and Controls Engineers on the installation and debugging of equipment. Interface and liaison between customers on-site and design teams off-site. Adhere to all established procedures as defined by Quality Procedures, Process Flows, Work Instructions, Safety Procedures, and the Employee Handbook.
· Provide intermediate level of engineering support and service work.
· Implement and troubleshoot engineering designs.
· Diagnose and resolve installation malfunctions.
· Assist Mechanical Designers with customer communications and tracking of installation open issues, change orders, and lessons learned.
· Participate in daily team updates. Report out to mechanical design on installation status.
· Navigate through product data management software to audit, inspect, and compare on-site build status with latest 3D CAD file revisions.
· Liaison between on-site and off-site teams.
· Ensure equipment is functioning smoothly and engineering designs are being followed.
Minimum of 3 years of field service engineering or mechanical design experience is preferred. Must be a task-driven, detail oriented individual, with the ability to work additional hours as needed. Critical thinking and problem-solving skills are a must. Must have a safety-first mindset, follow all customer facility safety procedures as well as safety procedures. Must be knowledgeable with technical aspects of machines, equipment, and technology used in industrial automation. Must have ability to work with and communicate effectively at all levels within the company and with senior client officials.
OTHER: Travel required. Occasional overtime and weekends required.
· The employee may be required to stand, walk, push, pull, reach overhead, and bend to the floor.
· Exert up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or exert up to 10 pounds of force frequently.
· Visual Acuity – Normal requirements for reading written instructions and computer screens
· Hearing Ability – Normal requirements for understanding verbal instructions.
· Working Conditions – The employee is subject to a normal manufacturing floor environment with occasional exposure to high noise levels and/or physical hazards