Mechanical Intergrity Specialist (1st and 2nd)
El Dorado, KS 67042 US
- Supervises and audits NDT work being performed by hourly employees.
- Performs advanced Non-Destructive Testing (NDT) inspections on freight and tank car equipment.
- Ensures all inspections are performed in a manner and released product meets all regulatory, company and customer requirements.
- Ensures the required and most effective NDT methods and techniques are utilized and performed in accordance with established procedures and programs.
- Responsible for NDT equipment calibration, are maintained, and operational.
- Provides technical guidance, hands-on training and mentoring of other NDT staff.
- Ensures all required documentation is accurate and completed in a timely manner.
- Strives to maintain proficiency by updating technical knowledge of NDT and other Special Processes.
- High School diploma or equivalent required. Technical / Post-Secondary education a plus.
- Minimum of 5-7 years of related work experience in railcar repair or manufacturing.
- Having held previous certification or having completed the required classroom and experience hours required for certification by one of the following recognized programs; American Association of Railroads MSRP C-III, Appendix T, American Society of Non-Destructive Testing (ASNT)-SNT-TC1A, or ACCP, American National Standards Institute (ANSI/ASNT) CP-189, or International Standards Organization (ISO) 9712 in one or more of the following methods: Leak Testing (LT), Penetrant Testing (PT), Magnetic Particle Testing (MT), and / or Visual Testing (VT) is a plus.
- Previous certification and documented experience using specialized NDT method techniques including Phased-array UT (PAUT), Time of Flight Diffraction (TOFD), Full Matrix Capture (TFM/FMC), and Alternating Current Field Management (ACFM) is a plus.
Meet Your Recruiter
Sabrina Herrera is a seasoned Technical Recruiter with a knack for establishing genuine connections with candidates and continuously expanding her expertise in various roles and industries. With one year of dedicated service at Sterling and an impressive 15-year journey in the recruiting arena, Sabrina has become a respected figure in talent acquisition.
As a Technical Recruiter, Sabrina's ability to build strong relationships with candidates sets her apart. She values the opportunity to understand each individual's unique strengths, aspirations, and career goals, ensuring she can guide them toward the most suitable and fulfilling opportunities.
Having spent 15 years in the recruiting domain, Sabrina's experience spans diverse industries and roles. She embraces the challenges of exploring new fields, consistently striving to expand her knowledge and expertise. Her dedication to continuous learning allows her to stay at the forefront of emerging trends and best practices in the recruitment landscape.
Sabrina advises fellow professionals to cultivate a curious mindset and actively seek new challenges and projects that push the boundaries of their abilities. Embracing the unknown and venturing into uncharted territories can lead to personal and professional growth, ultimately elevating one's effectiveness in the field of recruitment.