Wood Dale, IL 60191 US
Located in a brand-new facility in Wood Dale, we seek a seasoned Mechanical Engineer. As our Mechanical Engineer you will be responsible for creating machine designs and ensuring that projects are completed within scope, budget, and timeline.
• Supports schedule developed by the Master Scheduler as an individual contributor.
• Ensures designs meet scope, schedule, and budget.
• Ensures designs meet safety and regulatory standards.
• Ensures all designs are fully defined, developed, validated, tested, and documented.
• Supports machine debug and iterative development. Specific responsibilities regarding projects.
• Interfaces with customers to refine customized mechanical concepts to meet customer specifications.
• Creates conceptual design layouts.
• Designs machines and/or sections of machines. Creates detailed machine drawings.
• Designs mechanical assemblies, sub-assemblies, and piece parts.
• Performs engineering calculations to validate design decisions.
• Prepares and distributes drawing packages, Bills of Material and other information required for the manufacture and assembly of machinery.
• Selects and/or specifies purchased parts to be used in the manufacture of the machine.
• Utilizes ERP system to input required data and information.
• Participates in customer meetings to discuss technical issues.
• Implements customer "punch list" items when required.
• Requests and/or reviews product samples or product descriptions. Coordinates with sales to obtain samples on a timely basis.
• Monitors and reports on progress to ensure scope, budget and timelines are met.
• Escalates issues to the Lead Engineer and/or Mechanical Engineering Manager.
• Works with the Documentation Department to ensure accuracy of Maintenance manuals.
• Cross trains to support several product lines.
• Supports NPD team as required.
• Provides technical support and assistance to other departments.
• Periodic travel may be required.