Sterling, IL 61081 US
- Mechanical Engineer with a robust background in Mechanical Engineering, combining academic knowledge with practical expertise in tool and machine design, production processes, and the functionalities of manufacturing machinery.
- The ideal candidate will possess proficiency in 2D and 3D modeling, digital surfacing, drawing creation, reverse engineering, process analysis, component selection, purchasing, vendor management, and project management.
- Experience in 3D printing, plastic injection molding, metal stamping, machining, cold forming, and assembly equipment is advantageous.
- A bachelor's degree or equivalent education and experience are required.
- Work towards achieving improved production efficiency and quality while minimizing production costs.
- Promptly identify and solve manufacturing or quality control problems.
- Minimize production curtailment through swift and accurate resolution of manufacturing issues.
- Achieve minimum production costs through the design or redesign of products, tooling, machinery, and equipment.
- Monitor approved projects and report variances in budget and completion schedule to the Senior Director of Engineering.
- Design all tooling, machinery, and equipment within O.S.H.A. guidelines.
- Ensure the quality control of items manufactured on designed tooling, machinery, or equipment.
- Ensure the satisfactory operation of new or revised equipment through proper personnel training.
Meet Your Recruiter
Ashley Schmitt is a dedicated and experienced Senior Recruiting Team Lead passionate about empowering individuals through career opportunities. With an impressive track record of 8 years at Sterling, she has significantly impacted the organization's talent acquisition and development strategies.
With a remarkable 12-year career in the field of recruiting, Ashley has garnered a deep understanding of the industry's dynamics and trends. She has witnessed the ever-changing job market and thrived in guiding people through its complexities. For Ashley, the most rewarding aspect of recruitment is finding people roles that can genuinely improve their professional lives.
As a Senior Recruiting Team Lead, Ashley's leadership abilities shine through as she leads her team to excel in their roles. She believes in fostering a collaborative and inclusive work environment where all team member's strengths are recognized and utilized to achieve collective success.
Advice for candidates from Ashley: “Reflect on your skill sets and what makes you happy, be realistic about your strengths and weaknesses. Strengthen your online presence and always be networking!”