La Grange, IL 60525 US
Location: La Grange, IL
- Create cost effective solutions for design of power assembly components including cylinder heads, liners, pistons, connecting rods and bearings
- Gather and evaluate mechanical design requirements to develop conceptual solutions
- Develop, implement, and maintain engineering designs
- Plan and implement experimental tests and/or development programs
- Support supplier development and prototyping of experimental parts
- Support engineering evaluation of field failures and drive root cause and corrective action initiatives to solve customer problems
- BS in Mechanical Engineering or Aerospace
- 2 or more years’ experience in the field of engine component design
- Knowledge of engine and engine support systems including engine core components and its cross interactions
- Experienced in diesel engine technology
- Proficient in engineering tools to aid in design and development of engine components
- Ability to do static/thermal structural simulations
- Experienced in design validation of mechanical components
- Experienced in failure analysis of mechanical systems and developing solutions to solve failure mode
- Understanding of engineering theory and principles of design
- Experience in Unigraphics/NX & Ansys CAE tools preferred
- Experience in MATLAB data analysis tools preferred
- Willing and able to travel as required, up to 20%
Meet Your Recruiter
Amy Badal is a seasoned Senior Recruiter passionate about connecting with individuals across diverse industries and various career stages. With an impressive 7-year tenure at Sterling, Amy has become an invaluable asset to the organization's talent acquisition efforts.
Amy's journey in recruiting spans over 11 years, during which she has acquired a wealth of knowledge and experience in the field. Her fascination with working alongside people from different backgrounds and professional levels has driven her successful career.
As a Senior Recruiter, Amy thrives on collaborating with candidates and hiring partners in the railroad industry. She relishes the chance to contribute to their career growth and the overall success of the organizations she serves. Amy's ability to understand each individual's unique needs and aspirations allows her to make insightful and tailored placements that benefit both parties.
One of Amy's most valuable pieces of advice is never to burn bridges and always maintain high professionalism throughout the hiring process.