Sterling Engineering, Inc. https://cdn.haleymarketing.com/templates/63335/logos/square_logo.png https://www.sterling-engineering.com https://www.sterling-engineering.com USD 57500 YEAR true
Huntley, IL 60142 US
2023-03-07 2023-04-20 Employment Type: Permanent Job Category: Mechanical Engineering Job Number: Jt53469137 Compensation: 57500
Title: Mechanical Engineer
Location: Huntley, IL
Sterling has helped build careers for thousands for professionals like yourself. Our expert recruiters support you at every step in the process and as a Best of Staffing company, Sterling provides exciting work with exceptional employers across the U.S.
Hire Type: Direct Hire - $55-$60k based on experience.
The Mechanical Engineer will provide technical support to sales, distributors, and customers on all mechanical and mechatronic products. Responsibilities also include developing and testing designs for new custom linear motion products.
1. Provides sales team and customers with technical support and part numbers for product selection and quotation purposes;
2. Performs mechanical engineering calculations including bearing life, load analysis, critical speed and buckling loads of ball screws, linear motion kinematics, etc., as needed to specify components and motion systems;
3. Monitors and tests new mechanical products developed at our global headquarters in Taiwan including linear guideways, ball screws, cross roller bearings, and mechatronic systems (linear and rotary direct drive axes);
4. Meets with customers to review product requirements, and provide training and troubleshooting on product design and function;
5. Inspects, tests, and investigates issues related to product defect reports received from customers. Determines root cause and corrective actions;
6. Documents all project information for the successful completion of each job. Maintains engineering files containing customer criteria and specifications, drawings, internal machining and code compliance;
7. Creates and maintains drawings, part numbers, bill of materials, 3D models and 2D manufacturing drawings;
8. Attends product review meetings. Provides feedback pertaining to product design and component selection;
9. Consults with manufacturing department to ensure designs meet the company’s manufacturing capabilities;
1. Prior experience working with mechanical testing equipment and instrumentation;
2. Excellent written, verbal, and presentation communication skills;
3. Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail;
4. Self-starter with ability to multitask, meet deadlines, and properly prioritize activities;
5. Familiar with office automation tools: MS Office, ERP, CAD/CAE;
6. Willingness to travel occasionally to North American customer sites to support system integration, commissioning, training, and troubleshooting.
Travel as needed to support trade shows and industry events. International travel to Taiwan may be required. Estimated up to 10% travel.
Required Education & Experience:
1. Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering required from an accredited college or university;
2. Relevant coursework and interest in motion control, automation, robotics, and mechatronics;
3. At least two years mechanical engineering experience including producing 3D models and 2D manufacturing drawings using SolidWorks. Experience designing to precision tolerances;
4. Demonstrated ability to work with manufacturing operations. Good understanding of manufacturing processes, CNC machine tools and CAM (Computer Aided Manufacturing);
5. Previous linear motion, mechatronics, or robotics experience a plus.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information.