Mechanical Engineer III
Lenexa, KS 66214 US
Mechanical Engineer III
Pay Range - $75-$115k depending on experience.
Objective: Conceptualize and design automated equipment according to customer and internal specifications; capable of being the Mechanical Engineering Lead on large programs (>$1.5M) or any size replication project.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES: Primary:
Innovate and use good judgment to incorporate prior designs or standards and regulatory requirements.
Research and specify appropriate materials and purchased components.
Create detail designs, assembly drawings, bill of materials, organize release packages and update drawings.
Lead in internal and customer design reviews. To prepare pneumatic and timing diagrams and select appropriate sensors.
Work with suppliers to find/develop the most functional and economical solutions to design issues.
Work under the confines of the project schedule and budget.
Problem-solve design or detail issues and update all appropriate documentation.
Communicate ideas and comprehend information both verbally and in written form.
Assimilate well within a team and exhibit objectivity and openness to others’ views.
Follow all policy and procedures to adhere to International Standardization Organization (ISO) 9001 certification requirements.
Help guide and mentor Level I and II Mechanical Engineers with the execution of their designs and projects.
HEALTH, SAFETY, & ENVIRONMENTAL:
• Actively pursue a duty to act where any unsafe conditions or unsafe acts are witnessed.
• Report any unsafe conditions or unsafe acts to the president.
• Escalate any unsafe conditions or unsafe acts which leaders do not address to the president
• Report any defect in any equipment or protective device.
• Ensure that the required personal protective equipment (PPE) is used for the assigned task.
• Complete all required Health, Safety, and Environmental training and maintain records for audits.
• Assist in investigating any accidents/incidents or near misses if requested.
• Refrain from engaging in any unruly conduct.
• Ensure that equipment, materials and protective devices are functioning in a safe manner
• Ensure that employees are working in accordance with divisional health and safety procedures
• Do not report to work-onsite, at a customer’s site, or travel on behalf of the company when feeling ill. Contact your leader immediately.
• Conform to all pandemic requirements identified by regulating authorities and company leadership during pandemic situations