Sterling Engineering, Inc. https://cdn.haleymarketing.com/templates/63335/logos/square_logo.png https://www.sterling-engineering.com https://www.sterling-engineering.com USD 77000 88000 YEAR true
Mechanical Development Engineer
Sturtevant, WI 53177 US
2023-05-02 2023-06-30 Employment Type: Permanent Job Category: Mechanical Engineering Job Number: Ca740451322 Compensation: $77000-88000 / year
Title: Mechanical Development Engineer
Location: Sturtevant, WI
Sterling has helped build careers for thousands for professionals like yourself. Our expert recruiters support you at every step in the process and as a Best of Staffing company, Sterling provides exciting work with exceptional employers across the U.S.
Hire Type: Direct Hire
- Develop and test outboard engine mechanical systems including cranktrains, gearcases, hydraulics and mechatronics.
- Develop validation plans, perform tests and contribute to the decision making process for the design architecture.
- Collect, analyze and interpret data. Compile the data into executive summaries and reports that efficiently communicate the technical issue and recommended actions.
- Model mechanical systems in Matlab / Simulink and correlate model to experimental data.
- Employ disciplined methods of root cause problem solving and corrective action implementation.
- Manage project priorities, prototypes and testing.
- Perform on water boat testing of marine products and record results.
- Interface with manufacturing, after-sales support and supply management to resolve issues.
- Work on a team environment with Engineers, CAD Designers and Technicians.
- B.S. or M.S. in Mechanical Engineering with a 3.0 or higher GPA is required.
- Minimum of 1 year of working experience. Internships and/or co-ops will count towards the one year. Will consider both junior and senior level professionals.
- Must have experience with internal combustion engine development.
- Experience with electronics, instrumentation, and data acquisition required.
- Computer skills: Matlab or equivalent, FEA required.
- Ability to travel 10 - 15% (locally and also to FL in the winters).
#SP Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information.