Sterling Engineering, Inc. https://cdn.haleymarketing.com/templates/63335/logos/square_logo.png https://www.sterling-engineering.com https://www.sterling-engineering.com USD 30 35 HOUR true
Mechanical Design Engineer
Rolling Meadows, IL 60179 US
2023-05-24 2023-07-01 Employment Type: Contract to Perm Job Category: Mechanical Design Job Number: Dj29583553 Compensation: $30-35 / hour
Title: Mechanical Design Engineer
Hire Type: Contract to Hire
Sterling has helped build careers for thousands of professionals like yourself. Our expert recruiters support you at every step in the process and as a Best of Staffing company, Sterling provides exciting work with exceptional employers across the U.S.
As a contract employee of Sterling, you are eligible to receive a Full Employee Benefits Package that includes paid time off, paid holidays, 3 medical plans to choose from, dental & vision plans, 401(k), and an Employee Stock Ownership (ESOP) plan.
The Design Engineer role involves designing cutting-edge tooling and machinery that meet the high standards required for pharmaceutical and nutraceutical packaging.
- Design tooling and machinery for pharmaceutical and nutraceutical packaging using Autodesk Inventor 3D modeling software
- Utilize and maintain internal SOPs to guide design work
- Interface with customers for cost estimating and quoting, as well as after-sales support
- Complete engineering administration responsibilities, such as developing and maintaining Bills of Material (BOMs), assigning part numbers, preparing job folders, releasing work orders to manufacturing, and preparing expense reports
- Take ownership of projects, including final quality approval before shipment
- Work closely with international partners to respond to customer needs
- Achieve and continually build technical knowledge of our products, technologies, and services
- Attend trade shows as required
- Travel to customer sites to provide technical service occasionally
- Other related duties as assigned
- BSME or similar degree
- Experience with AutoDesk Inventor (Preferred) or SolidWorks
- 2-3 years of design engineering experience
- Solid organizational skills with the ability to multitask
- Technical aptitude
- Proficient in computer skills, including the use of our company's business ERP software
- Valid driver's license
- Professional maturity and ability to adapt to independent and team-oriented environments
- Creativity in problem-solving
- Ability to work well with team partners to solve customer needs
- Behave with integrity, keeping commitments to co-workers, customers, and the company
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information.