Manufacturing Maintenance Supervisor
Chicago, IL 60618 US
- The Maintenance Supervisor is responsible for leading and coordinating daily maintenance and repair operations to ensure efficient production of products while meeting quality, quantity, safety, and cost standards. This role involves planning and assigning daily tasks, enforcing policies and procedures, implementing a Preventive Maintenance program, and identifying opportunities for enhancing maintenance techniques, equipment, procedures, and working conditions.
- Coordinate maintenance activities at all organizational levels.
- Enhance employee performance through training, coaching, and goal setting.
- Train maintenance team to ensure adherence to policies and procedures.
- Provide input on employee merit increases and disciplinary actions.
- Supervise facilities design, inspection, and equipment maintenance and repair.
- Develop tools and fixtures to enhance quality and productivity.
- Evaluate problematic systems and determine installation or repair services needed.
- Lead technicians in diagnosing and repairing equipment breakdowns involving electrical, pneumatic, and mechanical components.
- Perform complex equipment repairs and suggest process improvements.
- Create, recommend, and organize preventive maintenance tasks using CMMS program MaintiMizer.
- Generate maintenance work orders for machinery, facilities, and equipment.
- Manage inventory of parts and tools and acquire competitive bids from vendors as needed.
- Promote a safety culture, perform safety audits, and train employees on safety procedures.
- Champion idea generation and support its implementation within the department.
- Audit and drive continuous improvement of 5S standards in the department.
- Coordinate shop organization and cleanliness with the maintenance team.
- Identify daily opportunities for incremental improvements and waste reduction in production activities.
- Preferred qualifications include an Associate's Degree or advanced technical education, along with a minimum of 8 years of hands-on experience in the maintenance and troubleshooting of electromechanical/automated equipment.
- Demonstrated experience in successfully implementing a preventive maintenance (PM) program within a manufacturing setting.
- Proficiency in working with Computerized Maintenance Management Systems (CMMS) and related software.
- Highly desirable to have 3+ years of leadership experience, showcasing the ability to manage and develop a team, foster idea generation, and translate those ideas into actionable tasks, as well as gaining the trust and confidence of team members.
- Proficiency in MS Office applications, specifically Word and Excel.
- A strong knowledge of PLC programming, robotics, or electrical certifications would be a valuable asset.