Wood Dale, IL 60191 US
Title: Manufacturing Engineer
Location: Wood Dale, IL
Sterling has helped build careers for thousands of professionals like yourself. Our expert recruiters support you at every step in the process and as a Best of Staffing company, Sterling provides exciting work with exceptional employers across the U.S.
Hire Type: Direct hire
Provide tool design and mechanical engineering support for all manufacturing departments. Create and maintain drawings, monitor the manufacturing process relative to fixture use, and eliminate any and all design problems
- Design various types of special tools, assembly jigs, fixtures and material handling equipment.
- Design permanent molds for aluminum and bronze casting.
- Design metal stamping and forming dies.
- Design of custom automation equipment.
- Oversee assembly, testing and de-bugging of new tooling, fixtures and special machines.
- Engineering from concept to implementation including generation of assembly and detail drawings using AutoCad, Inventor and Solidworks CAD software.
- Specification and requisitioning of all materials, supplies and outside services required for engineering projects.
- Generate and maintain tooling repair history records.
- Direct tool and die manufacturing personnel for in-house manufacturing and implementation of engineering designs.
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering degree or similar degree required
- Minimum two years of related experience
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD, Inventor, Solidworks and Microsoft Office.
- Basic knowledge of manufacturing processes and practices with a strong mechanical aptitude.
- Knowledge of mechanical punch presses, press brakes, shears, notchers, welders and tool and die equipment and machining processes.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information