Winston Salem, NC 27107 US
- Establishes and coordinates required tooling activities or reviews and evaluates proposals for new manufacturing processes
- Leads continuous improvement efforts through joint operations, engineering, and maintenance teams; develops long-range plans for improvements of processes and manufacturing activities;
- Provides electrical controls engineering and technical support to manufacturing operations
- Participates in new development programs; drives employee ideas or continuous improvement projects to help streamline processes; tests and evaluates new material sources, manufacturing methods, or design changes to existing products to enhance plant productivity
- Assists in developing training materials, work instructions, quality manuals, and other documentation to train employees on equipment and best practices
- Investigates equipment and process failures and difficulties to diagnose faulty operation and to make recommendations for improvement
- Reviews predictive maintenance data and develops action plans; assists in maintaining equipment and managing/improving the spare parts program; improves shop floor productivity
- Works with design engineering and quality assurance to develop procedures to ensure high quality parts meet customer expectations
- Creates routings for parts that are released through design engineering to ensure smooth flow through the shop floor
- Procures all required items (gauges, stands, tools, cabinets, hoists, etc.) for operations
- Coordinates activities of sub-contractors and service sub-contractors and service reps
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering field (e.g., mechanical, electrical, software, etc.) with thorough understanding of baseline relevant engineering principles
- 5-7+ years of experience in the manufacturing process, assembly sequence, production time, etc. with a focus on design, materials, R&D, tool design, and manufacturing build sequence, and/or programming; knowledge of diesel engines and engine components
- Thorough knowledge of work measurement techniques, manufacturing, and assembly processes; knowledge of quality control procedures
- Ability to read, understand, and create technical prints; hands on machining and fabrication background; high level of experience in interpretations/reading of 2D drawings
- Basic welding knowledge to determine correct build sequences
- SAP/LN knowledge (or some MRP), able to write and read G-code programming; able to use CAD/CAMsoftware; basic AutoCAD, preferably basic Catia, SolidWorks, or some 3D modeling software; CNC program knowledge; proficiencies in PLCs, electrical controls, and industrial hydraulic systems
- Understanding of LEAN manufacturing principles
- Strong proficiency with MS Office tools (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
Meet Your Recruiter
Amy Badal is a seasoned Senior Recruiter passionate about connecting with individuals across diverse industries and various career stages. With an impressive 7-year tenure at Sterling, Amy has become an invaluable asset to the organization's talent acquisition efforts.
Amy's journey in recruiting spans over 11 years, during which she has acquired a wealth of knowledge and experience in the field. Her fascination with working alongside people from different backgrounds and professional levels has driven her successful career.
As a Senior Recruiter, Amy thrives on collaborating with candidates and hiring partners in the railroad industry. She relishes the chance to contribute to their career growth and the overall success of the organizations she serves. Amy's ability to understand each individual's unique needs and aspirations allows her to make insightful and tailored placements that benefit both parties.
One of Amy's most valuable pieces of advice is never to burn bridges and always maintain high professionalism throughout the hiring process.