Lansing, MI 48906 US
Title: Manufacturing Engineer
Location: Lansing, MI 48906
Sterling has helped build careers for thousands of professionals like yourself. Our expert recruiters support you at every step in the process and as a Best of Staffing company, Sterling provides exciting work with exceptional employers across the U.S.
Hire Type: Direct Hire or Contract to Hire
The Manufacturing Engineer will design, integrate, or improve manufacturing systems or related processes. May work with commercial or industrial designers to refine product designs to increase producibility and decrease costs
- Apply continuous improvement methods such as lean manufacturing to enhance manufacturing quality, reliability, or cost-effectiveness.
- Design layout of equipment or workspaces to achieve maximum efficiency.
- Identify opportunities or implement changes to improve products or reduce costs using knowledge of fabrication processes, tooling and production equipment, assembly methods, quality control standards, or product design, materials and parts.
- Communicate manufacturing capabilities, production schedules, or other information to facilitate production processes.
- Design testing methods and test finished products or process capabilities to establish standards or validate process requirements.
- Design, install, or troubleshoot manufacturing equipment.
- Determine root causes of failures using statistical methods and recommend changes in designs, tolerances, or processing methods.
- Estimate costs, production times, or staffing requirements for new designs.
- Evaluate manufactured products according to specifications and quality standards.
- Incorporate new methods and processes to improve existing operations.
- Investigate or resolve operational problems, such as material use variances or bottlenecks.
- Prepare documentation for new manufacturing processes or engineering procedures.
- Put in purchase requisitions for equipment, materials, or parts.
- Review product designs for manufacturability or completeness.
- Troubleshoot new or existing product problems involving designs, materials, or processes.
- Prepare reports summarizing information or trends related to manufacturing performance.
- Provide technical expertise or support related to manufacturing.
- Read current literature, talk with colleagues, participate in educational programs, attend meetings, attend workshops, or participate in professional organizations or conferences to keep abreast of developments in the manufacturing field
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering required. Manufacturing, Industrial or Mechanical engineering degrees preferred; however, other engineering degrees will be considered.
- Working knowledge of 3D CAD Solidworks/Creo.
- Hands on experience as it relates to tooling, fixtures, jigs or equipment design
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information