Chicago, IL 60632 US
Title: Manufacturing Engineer
Location: Chicago, IL
Sterling has helped build careers for thousands of professionals like yourself. Our expert recruiters support you at every step in the process and as a Best of Staffing company, Sterling provides exciting work with exceptional employers across the U.S.
Hire Type: Direct hire
Under the direction of the Engineering Manager, the Manufacturing Engineer plans, directs and coordinates production and process improvement activities. This position requires a “hands on” approach to engineering with the bulk of the time spent on the factory floor.
- Provide technical support for issues that affect the shop floor layout, production, production tooling, and production equipment to achieve key performance goals in the areas of manufacturing performance and cost. Work hours as needed to meet business demands.
- Regularly audit shop floor practices to ensure compliance with all standard operating procedures (SOP) and safety policies and procedures.
- Works closely with maintenance department personnel to improve their knowledge in the areas of machine maintenance, problem-solving, capital project implementation and commissioning of new equipment, continuous improvement, and teamwork.
- Coordinates all activities and assigned work to accommodate production schedules.
- Lead process and systems improvements.
- Simplify and standardize manufacturing processes.
- Coordinate justification, acquisition, and installation of new equipment and processes.
- Coordinate plant layout and process design improvements to ensure proper flows and ergonomics.
- Evaluate part routings, methods, and standards to achieve targeted production rates.
- Establish accurate standards to ensure that true costs are properly reflected in establishing prices for the company’s products
- Resolve problems in the design of new jobs
- Ensure that correct manufacturing instructions are provided on all paperwork for all new jobs as required by Engineering and Production.
- Carry out responsibilities while following the organization’s policies and all applicable laws.
- Continually seeks out opportunities to contribute to the business success through proactive involvement in department initiatives
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering or related field from an accredited college or university is required.
- Experience in a job shop, metal working environment preferred.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information