Manufacturing Engineer - Bristol, CT
BRISTOL, CT 06010 US
Sterling Engineering is partnered with a growing, nationwide client in the Bristol Area on bringing in a Manufacturing Engineer at a Sr. Level to join their growing team. Sterling has been working with this stable company in the metals industry frequently as of late and it is an ideal company for a cross-functional engineer.
What You Will Be Doing?
- Communicate effectively between sales, production, and quality to ensure that material meets customer and internal acceptability standards.
- Disposition Production Holds and quality concerns of in-process material to appropriate parties.
- Maintain the “Quality Inspection System (QIS).” Address all concerns in a timely manner. Conduct both new hire and refresher QIS training as dictated by management.
- Analyze Production Holds and QIS’s for trends and communicate findings to both engineering and management.
- Write work instructions and procedures for Manufacturing teams and equipment.
- Determine root causes and corrective actions of both internal and external rejected material.
- Utilize various lean six sigma problem solving skills to accurately identify and eliminate problematic root causes.
- At least 5 years of manufacturing engineering experience
- Continuous Improvement Project Experience
- Bachelors Preferred, Will Consider Associates
- Ability to commute to office 5 days a week
Meet Your Recruiter
Erik Butzen is a skilled and compassionate Senior Recruiter passionate about empowering individuals to advance in their careers. With two years of dedicated service at Sterling, Erik has already significantly impacted the organization's talent acquisition efforts.
Having honed his expertise over five years in the field of recruiting, Erik possesses a deep understanding of the industry's intricacies. His journey began with the desire to assist individuals in finding opportunities that would propel their professional growth forward.
As a Senior Recruiter, Erik takes great pride in his ability to help people make meaningful advancements in their careers. Whether it's guiding a candidate through the interview process, providing valuable insights into the job market, or matching the right talent with the perfect role, Erik is committed to positively impacting the lives of those he interacts with.
One of Erik's most valuable pieces of advice to both hiring managers and fellow recruiters is to ask a lot of questions. Understanding the needs and expectations of both candidates and employers is essential to finding the best fit for both parties.