Manufacturing Associate Level I - Drug Substance
Chicago, IL 60616 US
- Weighing and dispensing of material
- Filtration systems
- Inoculation of mammalian or cytokines cells
- Fermentation and harvest
- Chromatography columns and TFF operations
- Responsible for in-process testing, such as: pH, Conductivity, Spectrophotometer, Osmometer, Cell count, etc.
- Prepares media and buffer solutions
- Completes Batch Records and other cGMP documentation accurately and in a timely manner
- Remove and dispose soiled materials from the manufacturing area
- Will assure that the manufacturing areas are maintained within the required conditions for clean room manufacturing
- Will report all nonconformance or events that arise during the shift to the Supervisor
- Assists in the transfer of technology from Process Development to cGMP Manufacturing
- Complies with all safety, cGMP and Company policies, practices and procedures
- Performs other functions as required or assigned
- Complies with all company policies and standards
- Associate degree or higher in Biology, Chemistry, Biotechnology or related preferred
- Or an equivalent of 1 – 2 years of biologics industry experience required
- Basic verbal and written communication skills in English with the ability to understand technical information, procedures, batch records, and other documents in English
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- The candidate should have the ability to operate complex systems and equipment in accordance with current GMPs, SOPs, and safety guidelines under minimum supervision
- Basic skills for identifying problems and troubleshooting of the equipment and manufacturing processes
- Ability to work independently, within prescribed guidelines, or as a team member and the demonstrated ability to follow detailed directions
- Operation and understanding of word processing, spreadsheets, and data management
- Knowledge of GMP and safety requirements
- Knowledge of biotechnology operations such as, Aseptic Filtration Systems, Fermentation Process, Inoculation Process, Chromatography Columns, TFF step etc.
- General work environment and physical demands as required to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Ability to work flexible hours as needed. Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines. Some travel may be involved
- Supervisory Responsibility, if any: No
Meet Your Recruiter
Mike Schmitz is an esteemed Recruiting Team Leader specializing in the Life Sciences Division. With an impressive tenure of over 12 years at Sterling and a remarkable 16-year career in the recruiting arena, Mike has cemented his reputation as a trailblazer in talent acquisition.
As a Recruiting Team Leader, Mike's understanding of the intricacies within the Life Sciences Division is unparalleled. His expertise positions him as a strategic partner in bridging the gap between talented professionals and opportunities that align with their aspirations.
With a career spanning 16 years, Mike's journey in the recruitment landscape has been defined by his dedication to facilitating more fulfilling careers for skilled professionals. His ability to understand everyone’s unique strengths and match them with roles that foster growth and satisfaction marks him as a true advocate for professional development.
Mike's advice to candidates reflects his commitment to helping them excel: approach every job interview with positivity and authenticity. He firmly believes that a positive attitude and an engaging personality are pivotal in creating lasting impressions. Mike emphasizes that while technical qualifications are crucial, the ability to connect with interviewers and present oneself effectively is equally valuable to prospective employers.