Sterling Engineering, Inc. https://cdn.haleymarketing.com/templates/63335/logos/square_logo.png https://www.sterling-engineering.com https://www.sterling-engineering.com USD 26.00 HOUR true
Chicago, IL 60616 US
2023-02-08 2023-04-20 Employment Type: Contract to Perm Job Category: Warehouse / Logistics Job Number: JM803438111 Compensation: 26.00
The Warehouse Associate is a regular employee in a full-time non-exempt role . This employee supports the warehouse and receiving activities of the Supply Chain Management department of the company.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Receiving Functions – Receives and unloads materials both manually and with equipment such as pallet jacks in a timely manner. Check that proper quantity is being received by comparing the material with that on the packing list and the inventory systems. Check for damaged goods. Document and escalate receiving discrepancies to management.
- Put away Functions – Move material to correct locations according to material type, lot and temperature requirements.
- Storage – Ensures material in the warehouse is correctly stored. Ensures materials are either on shelves or on pallets. Ensure that only plastic pallets are used in the warehouse areas.
- Picking Functions – Perform picking functions to support manufacturing campaigns.
- Shipping – Prepares materials for shipment. Wraps packages, and ships miscellaneous supplies; delivers and retrieves supplies to and from work or storage areas.
- Materials Release – Support QA in releasing materials by handling the proper material documentation.
- Inventory Functions – Perform transactions in the inventory system to enter new quantities and, during shipping transactions, to remove inventory from stock. Support inventory cycle counts and physical counts.
- Administrative – Support management in administrative functions like filing of documents, attending customer service calls, transportation claim investigations, disposal of surplus, and management of record.
- Performs other functions as required or assigned.
- Complies with all company policies and standards.
Education: At least a high school diploma or GED
- 2 - 5 years of experience in a warehouse environment.
- Experience in a GMP environment preferred.
- Aseptic experience REQUIRED
Computer and/or Technical Skills:
- Experience with ERP, MRP, MES and inventory management systems preferred.
- Operation and understanding of word processing, spreadsheets, and data management
- Project management skills and methodology
Work Environment & Physical Demands:
General work environment and physical demands as required to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Ability to work flexible hours as needed. Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines. Some travel may be involved.
Supervisory Responsibility, if any: No