Sterling Engineering, Inc. https://cdn.haleymarketing.com/templates/63335/logos/square_logo.png https://www.sterling-engineering.com https://www.sterling-engineering.com USD 34.50 HOUR true
Maintenance Technician_3rd shift
Manteno, IL 60950 US
2023-02-15 2023-04-29 Employment Type: Permanent Job Category: Technician Job Number: Rd25185228 Compensation: 34.50
Title: Maintenance Technician- 3rd shift
Location: Manteno, IL
Sterling has helped build careers for thousands of professionals like yourself. Our expert recruiters support you at every step in the process and as a Best of Staffing company, Sterling provides exciting work with exceptional employers across the U.S.
Hire Type: Direct hire
The role of Maintenance Technician is responsible for troubleshooting and executing immediate corrective maintenance to production lines, facilitating changeovers, maintaining machinery, executing planned work activities, and following maintenance procedures. This includes but is not limited to Production Equipment, Facilities Equipment, and Material Handling Equipment.
- Perform maintenance activities as assigned by the Manager or Supervisor to include but not limited to:
- Clean and lubricate parts of machinery as described on Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEM) manuals and documents
- Install and maintain systems and equipment
- Troubleshoot and repair equipment and replace parts as needed
- Repair and assess electrical issues as they arise
- Perform preventative and predictive maintenance on equipment
- Assist in large rebuilds or overhauls, assist with new equipment installation
- Rebuild and fabricate parts
- Perform facility maintenance and maintain clean and safe work area
- Generate parts request to ensure adequate inventory
- Generate and complete work orders as assigned
- Perform equipment change-overs and production line set ups
- Responsible for executing assigned corrective work orders related to the priority of the business.
- Ensure all equipment is properly maintained and in compliance with standard operating procedures.
- Work with Sanitation group on equipment breakdown and reassembly.
- Consistent communication with Production team during ongoing repairs or downtime.
- Must be able to comprehend basic sequence of operations relevant to plant equipment
- Must possess ability to troubleshoot mechanical issues
- Must be able to remove, repair, and replace mechanical parts of machinery
- Must be able to read and interpret equipment manuals
- Must possess ability to fully execute repairs, not temporarily fix issues
- Must possess ability to troubleshoot advanced breakdowns of any nature on all equipment
- Must be able to execute a full or partial rebuild of machinery
- Must be able to read and understand PLC programming and logic, troubleshoot and trace to cause
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information