Sterling Engineering, Inc. https://cdn.haleymarketing.com/templates/63335/logos/square_logo.png https://www.sterling-engineering.com https://www.sterling-engineering.com USD 18 34 HOUR true
Maintenance Technician Starting 20+/hr
Chicago, IL 60638 US
2023-04-24 2023-07-01 Employment Type: Permanent Job Category: Mechanical Engineering Job Number: BA9913819418 Compensation: $18-34 / hour
Title: Maintenance Technician
Hire Type: Direct hire
Maintain efficient and safe operations of all equipment, machinery and building facilities. This Team Member is a subject matter expert that completes duties of an advanced technical and/or mechanical nature that require specific training, licenses or certifications. Notify the Operations Supervisor of any occurrences that negatively impact production. Adhere to safety, health, and environmental guidelines.
- 1. Provide technician support to manufacturing maintenance and repair. This includes the areas of Robotics, CNC, Tooling, Wire EDM, Facilities, Mechanical, Electrical, Machine Operations or PLC. Must meet specific training requirements to complete assigned work.
- 2. Perform preventive maintenance as scheduled and pursuant to work safety requirements. Complete job safety checklists and take appropriate action to ensure safety for the equipment and building.
- 3. Locate, trouble shoot and repair breakdowns of machinery and other equipment to reduce production downtime. Make repairs and updates to the building facility including electrical, carpentry, plumbing, HVAC and painting.
- 4. Promptly report quality problems and shut down the equipment or operational area if unable to resolve.
- 5. Identify process and equipment inefficiencies and suggest improvements.
- 6. Other tasks and assignments that are consistent with knowledge and training.
- Education: Successful completion of high school; additional training as required for the area worked.
- Requirements: Level Skills Associate
- Has completed the necessary training and coursework for the job.
- Knowledge of PLC is preferred
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information