Maintenance Technician-Night Shift
Cicero, IL 60804 US
Title: Maintenance Technician
Location: Cicero, IL
Sterling has helped build careers for thousands of professionals like yourself. Our expert recruiters support you at every step in the process and as a Best of Staffing company, Sterling provides exciting work with exceptional employers across the U.S.
Hire Type: Direct hire
- Offer technical/ mechanical support across departments in offering definition and positioning.
- Suggest alternative technical/mechanical solutions to meet company & customer requirements more efficiently, and/or with greater reusability, and / or longer life.
- Promote and coordinate technical knowledge harvesting within the organization.
- Ensures operation of machinery and mechanical equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements on, motors, pneumatic tools, conveyor systems, and production machines; following diagrams, sketches, operations manuals, manufacturer's instructions, and engineering specifications; troubleshooting malfunctions.
- Controls downtime by informing production workers of routine preventive maintenance techniques; monitoring compliance.
- Maintains continuity among work teams by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Thoroughly test equipment and the solution to problems to ensure equipment always meets production and quality standards.
- Define, communicate, and enforce all safety requirements.
- Track and identify new opportunities to improve our methodology and training offerings in the maintenance department.
- Assist in strategic sales efforts from a technical/mechanical perspective.
- Minimum 10 or more years’ experience working as a Maintenance Technician in a manufacturing environment
- Must be able to make mechanical repairs on industrial drive trains such as gear boxes, gear trains, sprockets, chains, belts and pulleys and be able to properly replace bearings
- A basic knowledge of bearings, machine parts and electrical pneumatic components, proper usage and installation
- Must have knowledge of 3 phase electrical systems
- Must be able to troubleshoot electrical systems from 24 volts DC to 480 volts AC
- Experience with servo-driven equipment a plus
- Have working knowledge of industrial motor controls
- Must be able to understand mechanical drawings and possess good reading comprehension of technical manuals
- Pipe fitting, welding, and brazing skills a plus
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information