Romeoville, IL 60446 US
Title: Maintenance Technician- 2nd Shift
Location: Romeoville, IL
Sterling has helped build careers for thousands of professionals like yourself. Our expert recruiters support you at every step in the process and as a Best of Staffing company, Sterling provides exciting work with exceptional employers across the U.S.
Hire Type: Direct hire
The Maintenance Mechanic's primary responsibilities are to repair, maintain and set-up any and all production equipment as needed. Also to apply all technical knowledge and experience to insure that all repairs and setups are performed in a safe and accurate manner.
- Perform set-ups as per manufacture's requirements
- Read and understand manufacture's preventative maintenance recommendations
- Perform production set-ups and inspections in a timely manner
- Maintain all necessary tools and equipment to perform the duties as assigned
- Read and understand basic electrical schematics
- Perform basic electrical jobs such as replace motors, switches and basic relay circuits
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Must demonstrate good communication skills and be able to understand and interpret equipment training manuals and drawings.
- Must possess a solid mechanical aptitude combined with technical training and/or the equivalent in manufacturing experience (preferably in food manufacturing).
- Demonstrate an advanced understanding of electrical distribution and control circuits.
- Demonstrate an advanced understanding of PLC theory and programming.
- Ability to lift at least 50 pounds unassisted; periodically lift up to 100 lbs.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information