Sterling Engineering, Inc. https://cdn.haleymarketing.com/templates/63335/logos/square_logo.png https://www.sterling-engineering.com https://www.sterling-engineering.com USD 30 35 HOUR true
Manteno, IL 60950 US
2023-05-18 2023-06-30 Employment Type: Permanent Job Category: Technician Job Number: Rd926888516 Compensation: $30-35 / hour
Title: Maintenance Technician
Location: Manteno, IL
Sterling has helped build careers for thousands for professionals like yourself. Our expert recruiters support you at every step in the process and as a Best of Staffing company, Sterling provides exciting work with exceptional employers across the U.S.
Hire Type: Direct Hire
- This position will troubleshoot and perform immediate corrective maintenance on production lines, facilitate changeovers, maintain machinery, execute planned work activities, and follow maintenance procedures. This includes production equipment, facilities equipment, and material handling equipment. Join us if you're a proactive problem solver with a strong technical aptitude, and play a vital role in ensuring seamless operations and the production of top-quality food products.
- Perform assigned maintenance activities, including cleaning, troubleshooting, and repairing equipment.
- Assist in large rebuilds, overhauls, and new equipment installations.
- Rebuild and fabricate parts as required.
- Maintain a clean and safe work area.
- Generate parts requests to ensure adequate inventory.
- Execute assigned work orders promptly and accurately.
- Perform equipment change-overs and production line setups.
- Ensure proper maintenance and compliance with operating procedures.
- Collaborate with the Sanitation team for equipment breakdown and reassembly.
- Communicate effectively with the Production team during repairs or downtime.
- Other duties as assigned by Management.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience as a maintenance technician in a food manufacturing facility
- Strong knowledge and hands-on experience with electrical systems, including wiring, circuitry, and troubleshooting
- Proficiency in programmable logic controllers (PLCs) and demonstrated ability to troubleshoot PLC systems
- Familiarity with industrial automation systems and their components, such as motor controls, sensors, and actuators
- Proven ability to perform preventive maintenance tasks on production equipment, including inspection, cleaning, and calibration
- Experience in diagnosing and resolving mechanical issues in food processing and packaging machinery
- Proficient in reading and interpreting technical manuals, blueprints, and schematics to identify and resolve equipment malfunctions
- Knowledge of food safety and sanitation regulations and ability to ensure compliance during maintenance activities
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information.