Sterling Engineering, Inc. https://cdn.haleymarketing.com/templates/63335/logos/square_logo.png https://www.sterling-engineering.com https://www.sterling-engineering.com USD 59280 YEAR true
Itasca, IL 60143 US
2023-03-15 2023-04-29 Employment Type: Permanent Job Category: Technician Job Number: JS4972720314 Compensation: 59280
Title: Maintenance Technician
Location: Itasca, IL
Sterling has helped build careers for thousands for professionals like yourself. Our expert recruiters support you at every step in the process and as a Best of Staffing company, Sterling provides exciting work with exceptional employers across the U.S.
Hire Type: Direct Hire
- Inspect, repair, modify, paint, clean, and maintain all areas of the facility and grounds following all Good Manufacturing Practices and food safety requirements to assure the production of safe, quality products and a clean and safe environment for plant operation. Assist with production equipment maintenance, preventative maintenance, parts ordering, and troubleshooting as required.
- Diagnose, troubleshoot, repair, and maintain all equipment including, but not limited to refrigeration, production equipment, and building equipment.
- Assist in training employees on the operation of equipment.
- Provide continual support to production, assembly, packaging, and warehouse.
- Maintain a PM program with supporting documentation
- Familiar with Continuous Improvement and continually trying to improve operations and eliminate downtime. Capable of developing/implementing improvements to daily operations.
- On-floor time = 100 % (the floor is inclusive of the production floor, shop, outside of the building, etc.)
- Must always work in a safe manner and use GMPs.
- Other duties as assigned.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Has completed or is working on a 2-year trades degree; high school degree necessary or equivalent 3 years plant maintenance experience.
- Electrical print reading, motor controls experience, and welding/fabrication experience are necessary.
- Experience with food/USDA facilities a plus.
- Must have basic math skills.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information.