Sterling Engineering, Inc. https://cdn.haleymarketing.com/templates/63335/logos/square_logo.png https://www.sterling-engineering.com https://www.sterling-engineering.com USD 66560 YEAR true
Chicago Heights, IL 60411 US
2023-05-02 2023-06-30 Employment Type: Permanent Job Category: Technician Job Number: JS85356451 Compensation: $66560 / year
Title: Maintenance Technician
Location: Chicago Heights, IL
Sterling has helped build careers for thousands for professionals like yourself. Our expert recruiters support you at every step in the process and as a Best of Staffing company, Sterling provides exciting work with exceptional employers across the U.S.
Hire Type: Direct Hire
- We're hiring an experienced Maintenance Mechanic for our food manufacturing team. The ideal candidate will have at least 5 years of experience in mechanical, electrical (110/230/460 volt), hydraulic, and pneumatic systems. They should be safety-conscious, self-motivated, and have good language skills for effective communication. The Maintenance Mechanic will ensure equipment operates safely and reliably, troubleshoot and repair equipment, and coach and train maintenance personnel.
- Maintain safe and reliable operation of equipment.
- Troubleshoot and repair equipment, including electrical systems (110/230/460 volt).
- Read and interpret schematics for troubleshooting purposes.
- Uphold safety programs and communicate effectively with departments.
- Ensure equipment is ready for production and comply with regulations.
- Coach and train maintenance personnel.
- Fabricate parts and modify equipment as required.
- Follow SQF Food Safety Code for Manufacturing.
- Guide junior mechanics, control inventory levels, and relay important information.
- Work effectively with supervisors and managers of other departments.
- 5+ years of experience in mechanical, electrical (110/230/460 volt), hydraulic, and pneumatic systems in a food manufacturing environment.
- Good language skills, self-motivated, and safety-conscious.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information.