Sterling Engineering, Inc. https://cdn.haleymarketing.com/templates/63335/logos/square_logo.png https://www.sterling-engineering.com https://www.sterling-engineering.com USD 62400 72800 YEAR true
Alsip, IL 60803 US
2023-05-18 2023-06-30 Employment Type: Permanent Job Category: Technician Job Number: Js152743516 Compensation: $62400-72800 / year
Title: Maintenance Technician
Location: Alsip, IL
Sterling has helped build careers for thousands for professionals like yourself. Our expert recruiters support you at every step in the process and as a Best of Staffing company, Sterling provides exciting work with exceptional employers across the U.S.
Hire Type: Direct Hire
- The maintenance technician is responsible for a diverse range of general maintenance tasks aimed at ensuring the proper functioning of mechanical and electrical systems within the Bakery. This includes the maintenance of Bakery production equipment as well as overall building maintenance.
- Conducts preventive, scheduled, and corrective repairs on equipment, promptly reporting findings to the supervisor and taking appropriate actions.
- Assists production workers in identifying system and equipment malfunctions, conducting tests after repairs, changeovers, or extended downtime.
- Supports and participates in major equipment overhauls, troubleshooting electrical, mechanical, hydraulics, pneumatics, plumbing, and PLC software issues.
- Maintains production equipment while adhering to a defined production schedule.
- Utilizes computer systems to interact with and maintain records in accordance with Maintenance Management System requirements and job assignments, including communication via email.
- Performs duties in strict adherence to quality assurance, Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs), safety protocols, company programs and procedures, and government regulations.
- Carries out any other assigned or required duties.
- Proficiency in two of the following areas: refrigeration, plumbing, electrical, mechanical, and food manufacturing process controls.
- Thorough understanding of equipment setup, functionality, operating procedures, and preventive maintenance techniques.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks, prioritize effectively, and plan work activities.
- Strong capability to read and interpret electrical, mechanical, instrumentation, and control systems design documentation, as well as vendor-supplied documents including Process & Instrument Drawings (PID), electrical single line drawings, instrument loop drawings, electrical cable routing and termination, mechanical diagrams, and machine layout drawings.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment and adaptable to frequent changes that occur on the production line.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information.