Sterling Engineering, Inc. https://cdn.haleymarketing.com/templates/63335/logos/square_logo.png https://www.sterling-engineering.com https://www.sterling-engineering.com USD 39520 52000 YEAR true
Alsip, IL 60803 US
2023-05-18 2023-06-30 Employment Type: Permanent Job Category: Technician Job Number: Js647068516 Compensation: $39520-52000 / year
Title: Maintenance Technician
Location: Alsip, IL
Sterling has helped build careers for thousands for professionals like yourself. Our expert recruiters support you at every step in the process and as a Best of Staffing company, Sterling provides exciting work with exceptional employers across the U.S.
Hire Type: Direct Hire
- This position entails performing preventive and corrective repairs on industrial machinery, diagnosing malfunctions, and executing equipment overhauls. The role requires operating machinery and tools, maintaining records, and ensuring compliance with quality and safety standards. Strong mechanical and/or electrical experience, multitasking skills, and knowledge of equipment functions are essential.
- Perform preventive, scheduled, and corrective repairs on equipment and report findings to the supervisor, taking appropriate action.
- Assist production workers in diagnosing malfunctions in systems and equipment. Test equipment after repairs, changeovers, or extended downtime.
- Assist in executing major equipment overhauls and troubleshooting electrical, mechanical, hydraulics, pneumatics, plumbing, and PLC software problems.
- Operate general machinery and tools such as saws, drills, power tools, scissor lifts, forklifts, etc.
- Interact with and maintain records in accordance with Maintenance Management System requirements and job assignments, using computer systems for communication via email.
- Complete duties in compliance with quality assurance, GMPs, safety protocols, company programs, and procedures, as well as government codes and regulations.
- Maintain a clean, organized, and safe work area by wiping and washing equipment and tools, sweeping and mopping floors, and removing trash.
- Coordinate activities with Bakery personnel and other departments to minimize disruptions to production and maintenance schedules.
- Escort contractors during scheduled visits to the bakery facility.
- Perform other assigned or required duties.
- High school diploma with a minimum of 1 year of mechanical and/or electrical experience in industrial and manufacturing machinery OR 3 years of mechanical and/or electrical experience in industrial and manufacturing machinery.
- Basic knowledge of mechanical and electrical equipment functions, operating procedures, and maintenance techniques.
- Familiarity with equipment set-up, functionality, operating procedures, and preventative maintenance techniques.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and prioritize and plan work activities.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information.