Maintenance Technician 2nd Shift
Swedesboro, NJ 08085 US
Title: Maintenance Technician- 2nd shift
Location: Swedesboro, NJ
Sterling has helped build careers for thousands of professionals like yourself. Our expert recruiters support you at every step in the process and as a Best of Staffing company, Sterling provides exciting work with exceptional employers across the U.S.
Hire Type: Direct hire
- Maintain current documentation of all electrical and controls systems including device hardware and software.
- Assist Mechanics and other Electro-Mechanics in troubleshooting and repair of electrical or controls related failures.
- Train and coordinate activities of Electro-Mechanics on all shifts as necessary.
- Work from offsite locations occasionally to assist with equipment troubleshooting and repair.
- Maintain production equipment while running on a product production schedule. Perform electrical and mechanical inspection safely while equipment is in production.
- During equipment down days the Electro-Mechanical Technician will work on the production lines taking care of any corrective, preventive or scheduled repairs in accordance with the company and/or machine vender specification.
- In the event of an equipment breakdown the Electro-Mechanical Technician will work alone or with a mechanic to determine the cause of the trouble, repair and return the equipment back into production in the shortest time period.
- Must have ability to read and interpret electrical, mechanical, instrumentation and control systems design documentation and vendor supplied documents including Process &Instrument Drawings (PID), electrical single line drawings, instrument loop drawings, electrical cable, routing and termination , mechanical diagrams and machine layout drawings.
- Working knowledge of control system projects including Machine layout, control drawings, P&ID, system interconnection drawings, A/B-Rockwell, Siemens and Mitsubishi basic and advance programming and configurations.
- Math Ability - Ability to perform basic and advance math, convert all units of measurement using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to interpret graphs and diagrams preferred.
- Reasoning Ability - Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed written or oral instructions. Have the ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Have the ability to read and interpret work orders, operating manuals and maintenance instructions. Ability to complete forms detailing maintenance work performed.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information