Maintenance Technician- Night Shift
Alsip, IL 60803 US
- We are seeking an experienced Maintenance Technician to join our team and play a crucial role in ensuring the efficient operation of our Bakery mechanical and electrical systems, including production equipment and general building maintenance. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in mechanical and electrical maintenance, with the ability to diagnose and troubleshoot a range of technical issues. This role requires a detail-oriented individual who can work collaboratively with various teams to minimize disruptions to production schedules while adhering to quality and safety standards.
- Performing preventive, scheduled, and corrective repairs on equipment, promptly reporting findings to the supervisor and taking appropriate action.
- Assisting production workers in diagnosing malfunctions in systems and equipment, conducting thorough tests after repairs, changeovers, or extended downtime.
- Participating in major equipment overhauls, as well as troubleshooting electrical, mechanical, hydraulics, pneumatics, plumbing, and PLC Software problems.
- Maintaining production equipment in accordance with a defined production schedule.
- Operating various machinery and tools, such as saws, drills, power tools, scissor lifts, and forklifts.
- Utilizing computer systems to interact, maintain records, and communicate via email, in compliance with Maintenance Management System requirements and job assignments.
- Executing duties in alignment with quality assurance, GMPs, safety protocols, and company procedures, ensuring compliance with government codes and regulations.
- Keeping the work area clean, organized, and safe, including equipment and tool maintenance, floor sweeping and mopping, and proper trash disposal.
- Coordinating activities with Bakery personnel and other departments to minimize disruptions to both production and maintenance schedules.
- Escorting contractors during scheduled visits to the bakery facility.
- Undertaking any other assigned or required duties as needed.
- A high school diploma, accompanied by a minimum of 3 years of mechanical and/or electrical experience in industrial and manufacturing machinery, OR 5 years of similar experience.
- A preference for a Bachelor's degree in Engineering or a related field.
- Advanced knowledge and experience in Electrical, Refrigeration, Welding, Boiler/Air Compressor, and Machinist work.
- Proficiency in two of the following skills: refrigeration, plumbing, electrical, mechanical, and food manufacturing process controls.
- A deep understanding of equipment setup, functionality, operating procedures, and preventive maintenance techniques.
- The ability to multitask, prioritize work activities, and plan effectively.
- Proficiency in reading and interpreting electrical, mechanical, instrumentation, and control systems design documentation, as well as vendor-supplied documents including Process &
- Instrument Drawings (PID), electrical single line drawings, instrument loop drawings, electrical cable routing and termination, mechanical diagrams, and machine layout drawings.
- Adaptability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and handle frequent changes on the production line.