Maintenance Technician- 3rd Shift
Geneva, IL 60134 US
Title: Maintenance Technician (3rd shift)
Location: Geneva, IL
Sterling has helped build careers for thousands of professionals like yourself. Our expert recruiters support you at every step in the process and as a Best of Staffing company, Sterling provides exciting work with exceptional employers across the U.S.
Hire Type: Direct hire
Seeking a Maintenance Technician 1 to perform complex electrical, hydraulic, pneumatic and mechanical general repairs throughout the plant. Work from instructions, prints, mechanical drawings, schematics and process specifications.
- Independently troubleshoot problems and complete corrective actions on all electronic equipment including CNC equipment and programmable logic controllers.
- Complete initial installations and set-up for all electronic equipment including CNC equipment and programmable logic controllers.
- Complete all electrical testing.
- Prepare requisitions for all spare and repair parts as required for presentation to department head/activity leader/team leader.
- Assist and advise outside contractors on project work to be completed.
- Plan and implement all new electrical systems.
- Perform all general electrical repairs.
- Assist and advise Engineering and other support groups as required.
- Perform necessary recordkeeping and paperwork.
- Train and assist operators and other maintenance personnel as required.
High school diploma, GED, or an equivalent combination of education, training, and/or experience that provides the necessary knowledge, skills and abilities. Must successfully complete the pre-hire math test.
Minimum of 5 years experience in a maintenance function.
Electrical, electronic, pneumatic, mechanical and hydraulic analysis and repair.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information