Maintenance Technician - 2nd Shift- South Carolina
West Columbia, SC 29172 US
Title: Maintenance Technician
Location: West Columbia, SC
Sterling has helped build careers for thousands of professionals like yourself. Our expert recruiters support you at every step in the process and as a Best of Staffing company, Sterling provides exciting work with exceptional employers across the U.S.
Hire Type: Direct hire
- Performs preventive, scheduled, and corrective repairs on equipment, reports findings to supervisor, and takes appropriate action.
- Assists production workers in diagnosing malfunctions in systems and equipment. Tests equipment after repairs, changeovers, or extended downtime
- Assists with or executes major equipment overhauls. Assists with or performs the troubleshooting of electrical, mechanical, hydraulics, pneumatics, plumbing, and PLC Software problems.
- Maintains production equipment while operating on a defined production schedule.
- Operates general machinery and tools including saws, drills, power tools, scissor lifts, forklifts, etc
- Interacts with and maintains records in accordance with Maintenance Management System requirements and job assignments and communicates via email, all with the use of computer systems.
- Completes duties in accordance with quality assurance, GMPs, safety, and other company programs and procedures, and in compliance with government code and regulations.
- Maintains clean, organized, and safe work area, including wiping and washing equipment and tools, sweeping and mopping floors, and trash removal.
- High school diploma with a minimum of 3 years mechanical and/or electrical experience in industrial and manufacturing machinery OR 5 years mechanical and/or electrical experience in industrial and manufacturing machinery
- Experience in two of the following skills: refrigeration, plumbing, electrical, mechanical and food manufacturing process controls
- Knowledge of equipment set-up, functionality, operating procedures and preventative maintenance techniques
- Able to handle multiple tasks with capability of prioritizing and planning work activities.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information