Maintenance Technician - 1st
Portage, IN 46368 US
- Independently diagnose equipment root cause malfunctions, perform repairs and preventive maintenance on all equipment including but not limited to greasing, oiling, hydraulic, pneumatic, and plumbing systems within the facility.
- Basic electrical repairs and installation of machines and equipment including troubleshooting and repair of voltages ranging from 4-20ma, 0-24 volts (AC/DC), single and three phase industrial electrical systems and equipment rated up to 480 volts (AC) and 700 volts (DC).
- Ability to troubleshoot various Variable Frequency Drives (a plus).
- Perform shear blade changes on processing equipment.
- Make recommendations for repair parts and procedures.
- Installation of new equipment including but not limited to, production equipment, pumps, motors, hydraulic & pneumatic lines, electrical runs, switches, and outlets.
- Set up and operate machine tools such as grinder, drill press, etc. to repair machine parts in a safe manner.
- Adhere to LOCK OUT TAG / TRY OUT procedures and follow all CS&W safety policy & procedures.
- Flexibility in working hours.
- Log completed work orders into company maintenance database.
- Other duties as required.
- High School Diploma or G.E.D. Certification with an accredited institution.
- Certificate or experience in any of the following: ELECTRICAL, PNUEMATIC, HYDRAULIC, MECHANICAL, WELDING (MIG & ARC) and OXY-ACETELYNE TORCHING.
- Ability to read and interpret Electrical schematics, mechanical, pneumatic & hydraulic drawings. (A Plus)
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in industrial maintenance.
Meet Your Recruiter
Alyssa Ford is a dedicated Technical Recruiter, driven by her commitment to establishing meaningful connections with individuals and assisting them in navigating the complexities of career transitions.
With one year of dedicated service at Sterling and a total of 2 years in the recruiting field, Alyssa has already significantly impacted talent acquisition.
Alyssa's innate ability to connect with people and understand their unique career aspirations has been instrumental in her success as a Technical Recruiter. She finds great joy in forging professional relationships and participating in candidates' journeys as they navigate the tough decisions associated with job changes.
Having experienced the challenges of job hunting firsthand, Alyssa empathizes with candidates facing similar struggles. She encourages job seekers not to lose hope and to stay persistent throughout their search. Alyssa believes that the right role will come along at the right time, and maintaining a positive attitude and determination can make all the difference in finding the perfect fit.