Maintenance Technician (Night Shift)
Vernon Hills, IL 60061 US
- Receives and performs job assignments through work orders, sketches, PM schedules, blueprints, or verbal instructions. Follows applicable codes and regulations on work performed.
- Responds to emergency requests for repairs/replacements.
- Troubleshoots, repairs and maintains a variety of production machinery and equipment including electrical, mechanical, hydraulic and pneumatic systems and parts.
- Installs, modifies and relocates machinery and equipment and performs fabrication, welding, mechanical, electrical, electronics, plumbing, carpentry, or other maintenance skills.
- Repairs and modifies buildings and plant systems as required.
- Reads and interprets manuals, schematics, blueprints, drawings, and other written installation and repair instructions.
- Performs routine inspections and preventative maintenance of assigned plant equipment, machinery and systems including gauges, filters, fluid levels, system readings, cooling tower, gas burners, air compressors, chillers, etc.
- Requisitions and secures materials, tools, and supplies needed for assignments.
- Uses a variety of measuring and testing equipment to troubleshoot, maintain, and repair machinery, equipment and systems.
- Uses a wide range of shop, hand, and power tools common to the various trades applied.
- Maintains specified records, logs and system readings.
- Troubleshooting and repair of components such as rolls, shafts, bearings, drive belts, drive chains and gear boxes utilizing basic mechanic’s hand and power tools
- Troubleshooting and repair of pumps, valves and piping systems to include pipe threading
- Troubleshooting and repair of hydraulic cylinders and controls
- Troubleshooting and repair of pneumatic cylinders and controls
- Perform a routine setup and operate a drill press, lathe, mill and grinding machine
- Perform basic layout, steel fabrication and welding of carbon steel
- Possess a knowledge of electrical schematic and mechanical blueprint reading
- Understanding of basic water treatment principles
- Document work completed on work orders
- Follow all prescribed environmental, safety and health rules
- Complies with sanitation guidelines and good manufacturing practices related to neatness, product cleanliness and personal hygiene.
- Other tasks as assigned.
- A minimum of a High School Diploma (or equivalent) is required.
- Combination of technical training and schooling equivalent to that generally obtained in a two-year college or apprenticeship program.
- 5 years maintenance technician experience.
- Skills and experience that includes: Allen Bradley PLC (ControlLogix, SLC-500, & PLC5), Allen Bradley and others variable frequency drives, Servo control systems, Process control & instrumentation (temperature, flow, pressure, level, etc.), and Power distribution - 480 VAC
- Knowledge of general maintenance techniques, processes, and procedures for the repair, installation, and modification of a variety of company equipment, systems and facilities
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints, maintenance manuals, schematics and drawings.