Maintenance Technician (Day Shift)
Vernon Hills, IL 60060 US
- Receives and performs job assignments through work orders, sketches, PM schedules, blueprints, or verbal instructions. Follows applicable codes and regulations on work performed.
- Responds to emergency requests for repairs/replacements.
- Troubleshoots, repairs and maintains a variety of production machinery and equipment including electrical, mechanical, hydraulic and pneumatic systems and parts.
- Installs, modifies and relocates machinery and equipment and performs fabrication, welding, mechanical, electrical, electronics, plumbing, carpentry, or other maintenance skills.
- Repairs and modifies buildings and plant systems as required.
- Reads and interprets manuals, schematics, blueprints, drawings, and other written installation and repair instructions.
- Performs routine inspections and preventative maintenance of assigned plant equipment, machinery and systems including gauges, filters, fluid levels, system readings, cooling tower, gas burners, air compressors, chillers, etc.
- Requisitions and secures materials, tools, and supplies needed for assignments.
- Uses a variety of measuring and testing equipment to troubleshoot, maintain, and repair machinery, equipment and systems.
- Uses a wide range of shop, hand, and power tools common to the various trades applied.
- Maintains specified records, logs and system readings.
- Troubleshooting and repair of components such as rolls, shafts, bearings, drive belts, drive chains and gear boxes utilizing basic mechanic’s hand and power tools
- Troubleshooting and repair of pumps, valves and piping systems to include pipe threading
- Troubleshooting and repair of hydraulic cylinders and controls
- Troubleshooting and repair of pneumatic cylinders and controls
- Perform a routine setup and operate a drill press, lathe, mill and grinding machine
- Perform basic layout, steel fabrication and welding of carbon steel
- Possess a knowledge of electrical schematic and mechanical blueprint reading
- Understanding of basic water treatment principles
- Document work completed on work orders
- Follow all prescribed environmental, safety and health rules
- Complies with sanitation guidelines and good manufacturing practices related to neatness, product cleanliness and personal hygiene.
- Other tasks as assigned.
- A minimum of a High School Diploma (or equivalent) is required.
- Combination of technical training and schooling equivalent to that generally obtained in a two-year college or apprenticeship program.
- 5 years maintenance technician experience.
- Skills and experience that includes: Allen Bradley PLC (ControlLogix, SLC-500, & PLC5), Allen Bradley and others variable frequency drives, Servo control systems, Process control & instrumentation (temperature, flow, pressure, level, etc.), and Power distribution - 480 VAC
- Knowledge of general maintenance techniques, processes, and procedures for the repair, installation, and modification of a variety of company equipment, systems and facilities
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints, maintenance manuals, schematics and drawings.
Meet Your Recruiter
Mike Schmitz is an esteemed Recruiting Team Leader specializing in the Life Sciences Division. With an impressive tenure of over 12 years at Sterling and a remarkable 16-year career in the recruiting arena, Mike has cemented his reputation as a trailblazer in talent acquisition.
As a Recruiting Team Leader, Mike's understanding of the intricacies within the Life Sciences Division is unparalleled. His expertise positions him as a strategic partner in bridging the gap between talented professionals and opportunities that align with their aspirations.
With a career spanning 16 years, Mike's journey in the recruitment landscape has been defined by his dedication to facilitating more fulfilling careers for skilled professionals. His ability to understand everyone’s unique strengths and match them with roles that foster growth and satisfaction marks him as a true advocate for professional development.
Mike's advice to candidates reflects his commitment to helping them excel: approach every job interview with positivity and authenticity. He firmly believes that a positive attitude and an engaging personality are pivotal in creating lasting impressions. Mike emphasizes that while technical qualifications are crucial, the ability to connect with interviewers and present oneself effectively is equally valuable to prospective employers.