Maintenance Technician (3rd Shift)
Forest Park, GA 30297 US
Title: Maintenance Technician- 3rd Shift
Location: Forest Park, GA
Sterling has helped build careers for thousands of professionals like yourself. Our expert recruiters support you at every step in the process and as a Best of Staffing company, Sterling provides exciting work with exceptional employers across the U.S.
Hire Type: Direct hire
This position is responsible for the set-up, adjustment, maintenance and repair of machinery and mechanical equipment used in the production facility. Ability to perform preventive maintenance, repairs to equipment, troubleshooting, teaching, completion of assigned tasks with minimal supervision.
- Observes machines and equipment in order to diagnose malfunctions.
- Inspects and measures parts to detect wear, misalignment or other problems.
- Adjusts functional parts of machine devices and control instruments, which includes change-over to new sizes and running adjustments to maintain maximum production and quality in supporting all manufacturing needs.
- Performs preventive maintenance checks. Records all data as assigned.
- Cleans and lubricates shafts, bearings, gears and other parts of machinery as needed.
- Removes and replaces worn or defective parts of drive mechanism or hydraulic system, returning all unused parts to the parts room, disposing of defective parts, and returning shop tools to the tool room in a neat and orderly fashion.
- Starts machines and equipment to test operation following repairs and maintenance.
- Performs all tasks in accordance with GMP’s, company policies and procedures.
- Reviews downtime reports from production lines and develops corrective plans with Maintenance Supervisor.
- Safely and accurately perform all duties as required for this position to ensure the safety and quality of our products.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent required.
- Maintenance Entrance Exam Required. Must be able to demonstrate knowledge of motors, pneumatic tools, conveyor systems, programmable controllers, basic electric skills, as well as the desire to continue to improve ability and knowledge of existing and new equipment.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills.
- 3-5 years of maintenance experience preferred.
- Experience in a packaging operation that includes glass and plastic containers is preferred.
- Must have the ability to use hand tools and trade-type tools; good motor coordination is necessary.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information