Sterling Engineering, Inc. https://cdn.haleymarketing.com/templates/63335/logos/square_logo.png https://www.sterling-engineering.com https://www.sterling-engineering.com USD 37.50 HOUR true
Maintenance Technician (2nd shift)
Aurora, IL 60504 US
2023-02-01 2023-04-20 Employment Type: Permanent Job Category: Technician Job Number: Rd2887101129 Compensation: 37.50
Title: Maintenance Technician- 2nd shift
Location: Aurora, IL
Our client is a nutritional company dedicated to delivering healthy food around the world and constantly developing products that fit easily into people's lives. They employ a team of 6000 people and sell market leading products in 130 countries worldwide.
Sterling Engineering Overview:
Sterling has helped build careers for thousands of professionals like yourself. Our expert recruiters support you at every step in the process and as a Best of Staffing company, Sterling provides exciting work with exceptional employers across the U.S.
Hire Type: Direct hire
This position actively troubleshoots, diagnoses, and performs preventive, predictive, and corrective maintenance activities on production and facilities support equipment and systems. A Maintenance Mechanic applies technical knowledge to maintain the assets to the highest possible standards. The position is located in a modern and clean facility that is temperature controlled year round.
- Troubleshoot and repair mechanical and electrical equipment.
- Perform equipment modifications and rebuilds.
- Perform routine maintenance welding and minor fabrication.
- Perform general building maintenance.
- Responsible for ensuring equipment is properly maintained in order to manufacture a safe, legal, and quality product.
- Ensure that work areas are clean that Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP’s) are fully complied with.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Must demonstrate good communication skills and be able to understand and interpret equipment training manuals and drawings.
- Must possess a solid mechanical aptitude combined with technical training and/or the equivalent in manufacturing experience (preferably in food manufacturing).
- Demonstrate an advanced understanding of electrical distribution and control circuits.
- Demonstrate an advanced understanding of PLC theory and programming.
- Ability to lift at least 50 pounds unassisted; periodically lift up to 100 lbs.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information