Maintenance Technician (1st Shift) Bellwood
Bellwood, IL 60104 US
- Troubleshoot, repair, and install pneumatic and hydraulic systems, control valves, and pumps
- Troubleshoot and repair electrical motors, timers, transformers, and controls
- Troubleshoot and repair AC/DC electrical systems, read schematics, and use electrical testing equipment
- Work with Programmable Logic Controls and preventative maintenance CMMS systems
- Perform regularly scheduled preventative maintenance, monthly safety checks, and make repairs and modifications to equipment and facilities
- Assist with root cause and breakdown analysis
- Ensure that all guards and safety devices for the equipment are operational and the piece of equipment is safe to return to service
- Complete work as assigned to ensure efficient, cost effective, and timely repairs to production equipment
- Manage assigned inventory to acceptable levels
- Participate in continuous improvement of the preventative maintenance program
- Ensure all data related to preventative and corrective maintenance activities is correct and documented
- Communicate effectively with team members and internal customers
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of plant safety rules, safe working methods, and good housekeeping practices
- Other duties as assigned
- Associate Degree or Certificate in Industrial Electrical/ Electronic or Industrial Maintenance Technology from a Junior College or equivalent experience
- 10+ years of experience in an industrial maintenance environment OR equivalent higher education
- 10+ years of experience with electrical and mechanical systems in an industrial environment OR equivalent higher education
- 10+ years of experience with tools, procedures and methods utilized in an industrial maintenance environment OR equivalent higher education
- 3+ years of experience with electronic and PLC based applications in an industrial environment OR equivalent higher education
- Experience working with a CMMS system for managing work orders and assets
Meet Your Recruiter
Alyssa Ford is a dedicated Technical Recruiter, driven by her commitment to establishing meaningful connections with individuals and assisting them in navigating the complexities of career transitions.
With one year of dedicated service at Sterling and a total of 2 years in the recruiting field, Alyssa has already significantly impacted talent acquisition.
Alyssa's innate ability to connect with people and understand their unique career aspirations has been instrumental in her success as a Technical Recruiter. She finds great joy in forging professional relationships and participating in candidates' journeys as they navigate the tough decisions associated with job changes.
Having experienced the challenges of job hunting firsthand, Alyssa empathizes with candidates facing similar struggles. She encourages job seekers not to lose hope and to stay persistent throughout their search. Alyssa believes that the right role will come along at the right time, and maintaining a positive attitude and determination can make all the difference in finding the perfect fit.