Maintenance Technician | Tech Expert | Night Shift
Raeford, NC 28376 US
Title: Maintenance Technician
Location: Raeford, NC
Sterling has helped build careers for thousands of professionals like yourself. Our expert recruiters support you at every step in the process and as a Best of Staffing company, Sterling provides exciting work with exceptional employers across the U.S.
Hire Type: Direct hire
Support operations across both PCL and DEO departments to achieve the stated OPE targets. Lead projects and initiatives to improve the performance and reliability of equipment and processes. Key player in initiatives to deliver continuous improvements in safety, quality, productivity, waste and cost. Strong knowledge and/or ability to learn assigned critical technology to be/become an expert. Assist teammates on PM’s as needed and offer guidance, troubleshooting and training.
- Electrically-Qualified: NFPA 70E arc-flash certification, demonstrated knowledge and qualifications working with up to 480 Volt 3-Phase electrical equipment.
- Allen-Bradley PLC troubleshooting skills (ControlLogix, RSLogix, Ethernet, etc.). Ability to interpret a single-line drawing and PLC ladder logic to find the necessary inputs and outputs. Knowledge of Rockwell Automation programming equipment including drives, I/O modules, PanelView, VMWare, and more.
- Advanced understanding of mechanical power transmission: gear-ratio reduction, functions of clutches and brakes, shaft alignment, etc.
- Proven, demonstrated knowledge of packaging machinery operations and troubleshooting, including automated bottle and canister fillers, labelers, and case packaging equipment.
- Pneumatics: Ability to troubleshoot and diagnose and repair air leaks, replace solenoids and pneumatic valves, and a strong knowledge of actuators, pneumatic valves, and cylinders. Ability to interpret a P&ID.
- Ability to complete planned and unplanned maintenance activities as necessary to sustain business operations.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- Five or more years of experience in an industrial maintenance operation with a proven record of process improvement.
- Formal technical training certification/degree are strongly preferred (i.e. Associate’s Degree in Industrial Maintenance).
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information