Maintenance Technician | Day Shift
Northlake, TX 76262 US
- Join us as a Maintenance Technician and drive plant performance improvements through expert inspection, repair, and overhaul of mechanical and electrical components. You will play a pivotal role in operating and maintaining packaging machinery, executing production line changeovers, and conducting precise mechanical assessments. Additionally, your responsibilities will include overseeing building maintenance, performing machine shop duties, and ensuring compliance with safety standards and regulations. This role offers a dynamic environment for growth and contribution to our mission.
- Conduct thorough inspections and repairs on a wide range of mechanical and electrical components, including drives, motors, and conveyor systems.
- Oversee the operation of packaging machinery and systems while ensuring seamless production line changeovers according to specific packaging needs.
- Utilize precision instruments such as micrometers and calipers to accurately assess and maintain mechanical, pneumatic, and hydraulic components.
- Troubleshoot and repair electrical panels and control centers using volt and amp meters, ensuring optimal functionality at all times.
- Execute various building maintenance tasks as per assigned work orders, ensuring the smooth operation of the facility.
- Handle machine shop responsibilities, including metal fabrication, welding, and machining.
- Manage requisitions for essential shop supplies and equipment, maintaining an efficient inventory of replacement parts, hardware, and tools.
- Adhere to safety standards and regulations, including the Safe Quality Food 2000 Code (SQF 2000 Code) and LOTO regulations, ensuring a secure and compliant work environment.
- Flexibly undertake additional responsibilities as assigned.
- 3 years of experience in a manufacturing environment – food manufacturing a plus
- The ability to work overtime and weekends
- Basic electrical and PLC knowledge.
- Demonstrated experience following instructions/process documents and providing effective communication, both verbal and written