Sterling Engineering, Inc. https://cdn.haleymarketing.com/templates/63335/logos/square_logo.png https://www.sterling-engineering.com https://www.sterling-engineering.com USD 60320 YEAR true
Maintenance Technician | 3rd shift | Polk Street location
Chicago, IL 60639 US
2023-01-30 2023-04-22 Employment Type: Permanent Job Category: Technician Job Number: JS2992338118 Compensation: 60320
Title: Maintenance Technician- 3rd Shift
Location: Chicago, IL 60639
Sterling has helped build careers for thousands of professionals like yourself. Our expert recruiters support you at every step in the process and as a Best of Staffing company, Sterling provides exciting work with exceptional employers across the U.S.
Hire Type: Direct hire
This position primarily is responsible for performing preventive maintenance for a three shift manufacturing operation. In addition, this role provides assistance or takes on sole responsibility of machine troubleshooting and repairing problems.
- Performs repairs, services and maintains the plant and plant equipment. Ensures that production runs at a maximum efficiency while reducing costs.
- This is a plant level maintenance position
- Troubleshoot and correct equipment.
- Perform electrical, plumbing, pneumatic and hydraulic tasks.
- Perform preventive maintenance on plant equipment in a thorough and safe manner.
- Communicate effectively with team members and management
- Train production employees as well as other mechanics and be willing to be trained by other mechanics.
- Work weekends or overtime with short notice on a daily basis if needed.
- Minimum two years of experience in a manufacturing setting Must have general knowledge of maintenance functions such as electrical, plumbing, conveyors, motors/gearboxes, read schematics/blue prints
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Electrical - troubleshooting knowledge of 3 phase 480VAC, control circuits of 110VAC and 24DC, AB PLCs
- Welding – able to weld with TIG and stick
- Cutting - torch, band saw, grinder, plasma cutter.
- Fabricating – able to fabricate simple guards, covers, catch pans, etc.
- Drilling/ Milling – knowledge of use: power drills, dill press, mill and lathe machines
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information